UBIQUITI EdgePoint Outdoor Router 8 (EP-R8)
UBIQUITI EdgePoint Outdoor Router 8 (EP-R8), WISP control point with 6 x Gbit LAN, 2 x Gbit LAN/SFP combination ports, 600Mhz CPU, 2GB RAM, 9 x RJ45 ports supports POE
|Price:||For orders (total sum):|
In stock <10 pcs
Ubiquiti Networks introduces the EdgePoint™, part of the EdgeMAX® platform. The first application-specific designed WISP control point, the EdgePoint combines EdgeMAX routing features with fiber backhaul and versatile powering capabilities.
The EdgePoint is available in three models:
• EP-R6 Layer-3 router
• EP-R8 Layer-3 router
• EP-S16 Layer-2 switch with some layer-3 capabilities
Breakthrough in Tower Deployment
The EdgePoint features FiberProtect to significantly reduce electrostatic discharge (ESD) failures and electromagnetic interference (EMI), greatly improve data signal integrity, and consolidate the wired data backhaul to a single fiber cable run for long-distance connectivity.
A single, compact controller efficiently eliminates clutter, expensive cabinets, extraneous installations, and excessive maintenance.
The ruggedized case withstands outdoor conditions, including wind, rain, and snow. The included cable sleeve protects the cables and cable opening. If you prefer, you can swap it out for your own conduit.
For the EP-R6 and EP-R8, powerful routing features – such as load balancing and failover– provide redundancy and increased performance for outdoor wireless links.
For the EP-S16, layer-2 link aggregation provides similar redundancy and increased performance benefits.
Versatile Power Options
Powered by 54VDC or by PoE, the EP-R8 and EP-S16 can support 54 or 24V passive PoE to power all Ubiquiti® products, including airFiber® and airMAX®.
Powered by 24VDC or by PoE, the EP-R6 can support 24V passive PoE to power most Ubiquiti products. Example of EdgePoint as WISP Control Point The EdgePoint replaces a cabinet containing a patch panel, power rack, multiple PoE adapters, syslog server, AP (for EdgePoint management), switch, router, and modem.
Intuitive User Interface
The EdgePoint features a graphical user interface designed for convenient setup and control. Accessed via a network port and web browser, the user-friendly interface provides intuitive management with a virtual view of the ports, displaying physical connectivity, speed, and status.
Depending on whether you are configuring a router (EP-R6 or EP-R8) or switch (EP-S16), the configuration interface will differ.
The EP-R6 or EP-R8 offers robust features, including:
• VLAN interfaces for network segmentation
• Static routes and support of routing protocols: OSPF, RIP, and BGP
• Firewall policies and NAT rules
• Application identification with Deep Packet Inspection (DPI)
• DHCP services
• Quality of Service (QoS)
• Network administration and monitoring tools
• Administrator and operator accounts
• Comprehensive IPv6 support
The EP-S16 provides advanced features, including:
• VLAN, Private VLAN, Voice VLAN
• Link Aggregation
• DHCP Snooping, IGMP Snooping
• TACACS+, RADIUS, 802.1X, MAC Filtering, ACL
• DiffServ, CoS
• Static Routing, Policy-Based Routing
Configuration by CLI
The CLI provides quick and flexible configuration by command line and features the following:
• For power users, configuration and monitoring of all advanced features
• Direct access to standard Linux tools and shell commands (EP-R6 or EP-R8 only)
• CLI access through the following:
• Serial console port (EP-R8 or EP‑S16 only)
• Graphical user interface (EP-R6 or EP-R8 only)
The EP-R8 features six RJ45 Ethernet ports and two combination RJ45/SFP Ethernet ports.
• Power Options
• 54VDC, 6A Terminal Block
• Dual PoE Input
• (1) Console Port
• Data Ports
• (6) RJ45 Ports
• (2) Combination RJ45/SFP Ports
Nine RJ45 ports support PoE:
• PoE Input
• (1) 54V, 1.5A (No Data)
• (1) 54V, 1.5A
• PoE Output
• (2) 54 or 24V, 1.4A Passive PoE Output Ports*
• (5) 24V, 0.7A Passive PoE Output Ports*
• Strain Relief for Fiber Optic Strands
• Cable Sleeve and Option for Conduit (Not Included)
• Cable Tie Slots (Cable Ties Not Included)
• Lanyard Loop for Ease of Installation
• Slot for PicoStation®M2HP (Not Included) to Allow for Wireless Management
• Pole-Mount Bracket (Wall-Mount Bracket Also Included)
• Ground Bonding Point
Specification:Dimensions: 326.6 x 382.7 x 88.8 mm (12.86 x 15.07 x 3.50")
Dimensions With Wall-Mount: 326.6 x 382.7 x 105.5 mm (12.86 x 15.07 x 4.15")
Weight: 3.4 kg (7.50 lb)
Weight With Wall-Mount: 3.8 kg (8.38 lb)
Enclosure Characteristics: Diecast Aluminum Alloy and Polycarbonate with UV Resistance
Max. Power Consumption: 40W (Excludes PoE Output)
Power Input: (1) DC Terminal Block or (2) RJ45 (PoE In and eth0). (Self-Correcting Polarity Protection on DC Terminal Block Only, Diode ORed Protection on All Power Inputs)
Power Supply: Min. 54V / 0.8A (Excludes PoE Output Power)
VDC Input: 54VDC, 6A
Passive PoE Input: (2) 54V / 1.5A, 4-Pair (+1, 2, 4, 5; -3, 6, 7, 8) Passive PoE, eth0 and PoE In (PoE In is DC Only, No Data)
Passive PoE Output: (2) 54V or 24V / 1.4A, 4-Pair (+1, 2, 4, 5; -3, 6, 7, 8) Passive PoE, eth1 to eth2 (5) 24V / 0.7A, 2-Pair (+4, 5; -7, 8) Passive PoE, eth3 to eth7
Power Monitoring: (1) DC Terminal Block, Input Power (2) RJ45, PoE In and eth0, Input Power
Supported Voltage Range: 56 to 42VDC
System - Power,
eth0 - Speed/Link/Activity,
eth1 to eth7 - Speed/Link/Activity, PoE,
SFP - Speed/Link/Activity.
Ports: Serial Console Port, PoE In Port.
(1) RJ45 Serial Port
(1) RJ45 Port
(6) 10/100/1000 RJ45 Ports
(2) 10/100/1000 RJ45/SFP Combination Ports
Processor: Dual-Core 600 MHz, MIPS64 with Hardware Acceleration for Packet Processing
System Memory: 2 GB DDR3-1600 RAM
Code Storage: 4 GB
Certifications: CE, FCC, IC
Pole/Wall Mount: Yes
Operating Temperature: -40 to 65° C (-40 to 149° F)
Operating Humidity: 10 to 90% Noncondensing